Friday, July 21, 2006

My first Sock

I have knit and frogged Calla Lily socks from Sundara's Petals Collection more than a couple of times using cheap bamboo and plastic DPNs. Frustrated, I went to my LYS a couple of days ago to buy Addi Turbo US1 and also pick up a card on how to knit socks on one circular needle. I am in love with Addi - smooth knitting and flexible cable. I have to say that I prefer to work on socks using the magic loop method rather than messing around with DPNs. Or maybe I just need better dpns to work with.
As for the yarn, it is a dream to work with and Sundara is a genius with colors. Every row I knit, I hold up the sock-to-be and admire the colors. Take a look at it.

I am also working on another project, started the same day I started the sock. My friends are expecting a girl this coming September, I think a lavender Trellis using Cascade Sierra would be a great baby gift, don't you agree?

No comments: