Saturday, July 22, 2006

My Lady Eleanor

Lady Eleanor came into my life when I saw this and this. I fell in love and the next thing I know, I ordered this book from Amazon.com. One thing lead to another, I purchased Noro Silk Garden in Skein Scene at $6.50 per skein (if you know me, I would not have worked on this project if the yarn is at retail price.) This is my first entrelac project and it is not as difficult as it looks. If you know how to knit and purl, you can do entrelac. The only thing that bothers me is the constant turning of the project. I tried reverse knitting (aka knitting back backwards) but purling is just faster for me. My Lady E has short tassels instead of the long fringes because at 9 skeins of yarn, the stole is already a little too long for me. I do not wish my lovely lady to sweep the ground. Take a look at my lovely lady...


Specs:
  • Lady Eleanor from scarfSTYLE by Pam Allen
  • 9 skeins of Noro Silk Garden 217, less than 1/2 skein for the tassels
  • Cheap Bamboo circular needles from ebay in US9

4 comments:

melissa said...

that is beautiful! great job!

A said...

Your Lady Eleanor turned out beautiful. I'm working on one too, and also found that even though it can be annoying, purling is way faster for me than reserve knitting.

Peacock Chic said...

Thanks for you comment on my Lady E. but I have to say yours was one of the inspirations for me during the making of. I love the way the yarn was so inexpensive for you. Mine started out that way 6.85 a ball and ended with 11.00 balls out of desperation. Now with what and where will you be wearing your Lady E.?

Stephanie said...

That's gorgeous. Every time I see one of these, I want to make one for myself. I already have the book, so I'm halfway there!